If you’re planning to start your own financial planning firm tomorrow, you need to start networking today.
Because the size and quality of your network will significantly influence how quickly your new business establishes itself.
Here are five different ways to build and nurture your network:
1. Strengthen the relationships you have with people at your current firm
2. Contact old friends you’ve lost touch with
3. Suggest coffee meetings (either real or virtual) with people you’d like in your network
4. Build a strong presence on LinkedIn, where your future clients and referral partners hang out
5. Reach out to business owners (whether in financial planning or another industry) to ask for advice
The key is to dig the well before you get thirsty.
Want to step up from employee to business owner? Contact me at email@example.com if you want to discuss my programs designed for aspiring financial planning business owners.